Term Dates 2016
Tuesday 6th September – Friday 16th December
Half term: Week commencing 24th October
Tuesday 5th January – Friday 25th March
Half term: Week commencing 15th February
Monday 18th April -Friday 22nd July
Half term: Week commencing 30th May
Instrumental lessons 1-to-1:
30 mins: £25.00 45 mins: £32.00 60 mins: £40.00
Prices include travel to and from students’ homes. Please note that this service may not always be available but we will do all we can to arrange a suitable lesson time and location.
We can arrange lessons in many parts of Southwest London including Sunbury, Hampton, Teddington, Twickenham, Richmond, Kingston, Sheen, Mortlake, Barnes, Putney, Wimbledon and Sunbury. Please send us an email or give us a call to find out more.
Lessons at a tutors house:
30 mins: £20.00 45 mins: £27.00 60 mins: £35.00
These lessons can take place in Hampton on a Saturday morning or in Twickenham on a Tuesday evening, subject to availability.
We offer accompaniment for exams. If you’re entering for your exam on an instrument other than the piano then you’ll need an accompanist to play with you. The exam boards (ABRSM or Trinity Guildhall) don’t provide an accompanist service, and they won’t hear you without one. We are happy to play for your exam, so get in touch with us if you would like us to help you in earning your exam certificate!
We also hold an annual concert for our students, click here for more information about how to get involved.
Terms and Conditions of lessons:
The Terms and Conditions below have been put in place to ensure a fair agreement between the tutor and the student, and to ensure our timetable can run smoothly and effectively. Please take a moment to read these. Your signature is required at the bottom of the form. We are happy to answer any queries you may have.
- Lesson fees must be paid for the whole half term in advance by cash, cheque or bank transfer. Our half terms work in line with the borough of Richmond upon Thames school term dates. Please click here for further details. If a half term is particularly long, we may be able to accept a payment in two halves.
- Prior to payment, parents/students may notify us of any lesson that cannot be attended due to holiday etc. However, please note that should a significant number of lessons not be attended, the Director may review that student’s place in the schedule.
- Cancellations are non refundable. The tutor will make every effort to reschedule a missed lesson, but please note that we cannot guarantee that this can be done.
- For a change of lesson day and/or time, one half term’s notice is required. We will do all we can to accommodate a change.
- Students are not required to pay for and take lessons on dates that fall within school holidays (half term weeks, Christmas, Easter and Summer holidays) but we do advise that students continue with their lessons for as much of the year where possible. Additional lessons within school holidays can also be arranged.
- Exam and music fees must be paid within one week of the tutor’s request. Failure to do so may result in a student not being entered for their exam.
- Where a student wishes to cease lessons, one half term’s notice is required. Fees are fully payable if a student stops taking lessons before the end of the half term.